4/16/2007

I'm Lucky

I sat outside this morning with my coffee, listening to the birds and noticing all the signs of spring.


The dogwood is about to bloom, and the japanese maple behind it already has its leaves.

We had a busy weekend, mostly moving wood chips to make the place look neat for when the house goes on the market. We are about halfway through the huge pile of chips our tree trimmers left us last winter.


We spread weed block fabric and have almost finished the bed here with the buddleia bushes.


Next week when the painters are here painting the interior ceilings I won't be able to be inside so I plan on putting new plastic on the raised garden beds we aren't using this year. You can see I probably should make a rhubarb crisp for dessert tonight!


I know I'm lucky to be able to take this time to say goodbye to this property. I'm not sad, I am just noticing all the lovely things about it every day and enjoying them. I am ready to move on, to move to Mexico. My enjoyment of the present in no way reduces the anticipation and excitement of the next chapter in our lives.

No comments: