7/26/2007

It warms my heart...


Last weekend our oldest son and his family arrived with a rental truck to help us achieve our Mexico dream. And an important part of that dream is to empty our house out - but since so much of our furniture had come to me from my parents, it was essential to find the furniture a new home within the family.

We had a really nice visit, and many pieces of our well loved family furniture now has a new home. As you can see (above) our kitchen table, four antique chairs, and my mother's cherry chest all look wonderful in their dining room.

He commented about the warmth they bring to the room - and I believe that part of that warmth is the many years of use all of the pieces have had in our family. I am happy that they will enjoy them - maybe even as much as I did.

They even loaded up a few pieces that they'll store for our younger son for the day he returns to the Northwest from Mexico City - which may be sometime in the next year or two.

This coming weekend my sister's family will arrive for some of the other cherished pieces. After those things are gone, I will be able to really start setting up for the garage sale we'll be having the following weekend.

Once the garage sale is over, Paul and I will be camping out in our own house until closing. Then we will truly feel like we are almost on our way.

No comments: