5/30/2008

Sunset


Sunsets in Mazatlán are almost always spectacular. I don't know how that can be, but it is true. We love to walk over to the malecon in the evening to watch...it is a communal experience with lots and lots of people doing the same thing.


Right now in Washington State (where we came from) the sun rises at 5:19 am and sets at 9 pm...and in Mazatlán the sun rises at 6:19 and sets at 7:48. Being this far south means that there is less of a swing in number of daylight hours. I've also noticed that the sun is setting further North every day.


Living so close to the water is wonderful - I feel way more connected to the earth - as in Planet Earth - than I ever have before. Swimming, watching sunsets, seeing fish jump, and the salty wet air really make me feel alive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photos. Has Paul (or you) done any fishing there yet?

Many years ago I use to fly there for a week of fishing for about 7 years consecutive ;-)

Your sunset photos bring back those wonderful memories.

John Calypso

bloglogger said...

Great sunset photos are common in Mazatlan. I live here but it's funny how mazatlecans grow so accustomed to watch these marvels everyday that we almost don't perceive them.

One piece of advice:This time of the year is great for pictures of the sun setting in the "middle" of the Three Islands. I guess you can shot from the Fisherman's Monument at the intersection of Paseo Claussen and Avenue del Mar. If not, it's just a matter of being there a little earlier than sunset and then move a little.

Good luck. I'll be looking forward for these suggested photos.

Nancy said...

Juan, We haven't gone fishing - since I'm a vegetarian I'm not into it - Paul probably will go sometime with someone visiting I imagine. People surf fish every day - I have never seen them catch much, though!

Bloglogger - my pictures were taken from the malecon either near Puerto Viejo or up by the swimming pool...I only have a point and shoot camera so I don't work to hard at figuring out the "shot" but I probably should!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos...I don't get out to enjoy the sea nearly as much as I should, or as much as I thought I would when I first moved here.