1/14/2007

Let's Learn Spanish!

I am working on learning Spanish by employing a number of different methods. Some seem to help me more than others.

I was thinking about how a child learns language. They learn "mom", "dad", "cookie", etc...and as time goes on they add verbs and conjunctions and before you know it they have simple sentences.

What this revelation did for me is made it clear to me that I need more nouns in my vocabulary.



I checked a book out of the library recently that is going to help me with that. It's called Spanish Around the House by Jose Diaz and Maria Nadel. It was written to assist English speakers in communicating with their Spanish speaking employees...but it is great for me, too.

I also came across another excellent website for free language courses. I am downloading the lessons to my mp3 player and I can hardly wait to get started!

Here is the link: http://fsi-language-courses.com/Spanish.aspx

Here is a link to more podcasts: http://www.notesinspanish.com/


-Nancy

No comments: