2/24/2007

I'm Trying to Live in the Present

Having made the decision to move to Mazatlan, we are able to focus our attention on what we need to do to make that happen. There is a lot to do, as anyone who has ever disassembled a household can attest! And to move out of the country adds a whole layer that complicates everything.

I believe I have the tasks we need to accomplish pretty well lined out. Some of them are complicated - like refinishing our wood floors before we put the house on the market. We are thinking that we will coordinate the work for our next trip to Mexico - board the dogs and the birds, have the work done, and then lock the door so they can cure while we are gone. (We hope that is in April, when we go look at property in Mazatlan)

The thing I am working at is to try to stay in the present as much as possible. Life here is still good. I still love our property. We enjoy ourselves, and always do, no matter where we are. So I am trying to not think so much about the future that I miss the present.

This is our last winter here. I should enjoy it! Spring is coming, and that is my favorite time here - with daffodils, quince, and cherry in bloom! (One thing about life in the North, you really appreciate Spring.)

The present is great. The future will be great. Life is wonderful. I am lucky to have a great partner and to have the ability to choose my path.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you are focused on living in the present, and not just thinking about what life will be like in Mexico. It can be difficult to fully experience the here and now when something exciting is going to happen in the future, but it would be sad to move to Mexico and not have special memories of your last days in Washington. I'm enjoying your stories, and wrote about you on my blog this week. www.ramblingtraveler.com

Anonymous said...

"So I am trying to not think so much about the future that I miss the present."

Good thought there. We always live life in the moment - this sometimes slows the 'progress' for a move - but it remains good advice. It is always best to be sad to leave your present location (and it makes it so much easier to sell ;-)

Juan