6/07/2007

I'm heading home

Pulmonia



It has been so nice to be here, even if it was only for a few days.

It is so wonderful to be close to the beach. I feel much more serene when I can walk on the beach with my feet in the cool water. The foamy tingle. The endless sky. Pelicans. I feel connected with the earth in a very primal way. Back home there is a park near our house with huge, old growth cedars - I call it the Church of the Trees. I have a similar feeling at the beach here - mostly having to do with the ancient, enduring qualities of nature. I feel insignificant at the same time that I feel connected to it. Wonderful. I will go back to the beach once it gets light this morning.

I am up very early today because I basically slept most of yesterday afternoon. The dental implant took more out of me than I expected. I ended up cancelling my appointment with the (former) owner of our house because I was too loopy to navigate over there!

I won't give details (kind of like how you don't tell a woman experiencing her first pregnancy any details about what it's really like) since some of you may need an implant sometime in the future. I will say that if I ever need another one I will plan for more down time, and also stockpile a few bananas or something to eat in the evening. Sharon, the owner of the B & B made me a plate of cheese and crackers which helped a lot!

I took my first pulmonia rides to and from the dentist yesterday. They are so fun! The pulmonias buzz all around town and are a little more expensive than taxis but it really is nice to zip along with your hair flying in the breeze. Because the main drag is next to the water you get the gorgeous view as you ride.

Another thing I like about being here is the sunrise & sunset times. Back home in the summer the sun doesn't set until 9 or 10 pm and rises between 4 and 5 am. Here it is more regular, rising about 6 am and setting at 8. I'm not sure why I like that so much, but I do.

This morning I have another trip to the dentist, a visit at our house, and then I head to the airport at noon. We're planning to come back in August once Paul has retired, even if our house back home isn't sold yet. We'll get going on our FM3 and start some furniture shopping on that trip, which should be very fun!

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Congratulations! What great news and how steadily you are moving towards your goal.

We are heading south again in August, I'll check and if you are in Maz maybe we can have dinner... and a talk with Margaret! I love that line, Billie, I'm officially stealing it.