7/07/2007

Now I Can Relax...

The hardy banana


This morning the new owners of our house came over to meet us and ask some questions about the place. I was in agony all night last night that they would come over and something would make them change their mind and back out of the deal. Why would I think that way? I am usually a very optimistic person, but for some reason I have been very anxious about the fact that a deal isn't done until closing. And even though the deal we have is non contingent, and they have removed the inspection condition, and they have a lot of money to lose if they don't close, I have been worrying about it.


So, today they came over, and all my worries are just gone. They love the place. They are buying a bunch of our stuff. They are excited about everything. They still haven't sold their house, but they will move anyway, and may even keep their old house as a rental.


Now I can relax. Well, as much as that is possible with a big move in front of us. But we can plan a trip to NYC to visit Paul's daughter as well as relax a little bit knowing that closing will be on September 1.

2 comments:

Joy Keaton said...

I am SO living vicariously through you two! I'm leaving for my third trip to Mexico in 10 days and can only imagine how excited you must be for your move and to have everything finalized. Enjoy your trip to NYC!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am looking forward to your posting from Mexico.